A Prince Among Men

That would be my Jonathan. I don't know many husbands who would willingly spend more than an hour in a fabric store, let alone help with decisions and contribute to a discussion on the merits of marabou versus feather boas.

Last week, the women of Grace Point gathered for an ornament exchange. This is, of course, woman-code for "evening of snacks and chatter and giggles." We were each asked to share the worst Christmas gift we had ever received. Oh. My. Gosh. I am still in shock at some of the gifts given by husbands. Holy cow. I am truly grateful for my husband's shopping prowess. He may leave things to the last minute (it is convenient that I will be leaving for the East Coast three days before him), but he always gives thoughtful gifts. I am, frankly, a little in awe of his ability to find things Christmas eve- especially as I looked for MONTHS to find a darned TMX Elmo. In fact, I am seriously considering handing over the entire job- lock, stock, and barrel. Has anyone else charged her husbands with the family gift shopping? Is it too dangerous?

Comments

Tammy said…
Sounds like you do have a great guy, there! :)

Yes, my hubby does a pretty good job finding decent things for me, too. In fact, before our first trip to Hawaii, he surprised me with a new swim suit- that actually fit and looked good!!! (It takes me like ten to try on before I find one!)

On the other hand...I wouldn't leave all the gift shopping to him with the kids...I'm with them a bit more and know their tastes a wee bit better. He tends to give them more of what he would want...in spite of the fact they are two little feminine girls. ;)

I haven't been here in awhile...I'll be back again soon!
http://familydoins.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Feast One Hundred Forty-six

Engage!

7 Foods for 1 Entire Month?