More amusing Google ads...


I am a Gmail girl, I must confess. No matter how much I might like the idea of not being caught up the Google madness, I cannot reisit its pull. I love the keyword search, I never have to sort.

Anyway, I was amused at the ad bar this morning:

Why Mommy is a Democrat - littledemocrats.net - The book George Bush doesn't want your kids to read.

Curiousity won out, and I clicked. Here is what the site says:

Why Mommy is a Democrat brings to life the core values of the Democratic Party in ways that young children will easily understand and thoroughly enjoy. Using plain and non-judgmental language, along with warm and whimsical illustrations, this colorful 28-page depicts the Democratic principles of fairness, tolerance, peace, and concern for the well-being of others. It's a great way for parents to gently communicate their commitment to these principles and explain their support for the party.

Why Mommy is a Democrat may look like a traditional children's book, but it definitely isn't just for children. With numerous subtle (and not-so-subtle) satircal swipes at the Bush administration and the Republican party, Why Mommy will appeal to democrats of all ages!

Finally, a portion of the profits will be donated to Democratic candidates and party organizations, so your purchase will help make an immediate difference.

I guess the illustraion would be one of their subtle swipes?

Question for mommies out there-- am I missing something here? Because I see this as indoctrination, not teaching. What's your take?

Comments

Big Red said…
Looks like propoganda to me.... I'd think you'd want to let your kids form their own decisions regarding their political standing, that's the joy of our free country. I'd be interested to see what kind of dribble the Demo's are pushing now..

Popular posts from this blog

Feast One Hundred Forty-six

Engage!

7 Foods for 1 Entire Month?