Potpourri...

So much is rattling around in my brain these days that I need to purge...

-Togetherness is beautiful, and I not only love my husband, I also enjoy his company and like him. Having said that, I look forward to his return to full-time employment soon. Jon was laid off right before vacation (that is, the day we left) and I was laid off right after. Some more income sooner than later would be appreciated.

-My being laid off is really just a kick in the pants from God. I had been very unhappy there for months, but really liking the money. Now I will be back in school full time and working part time.

-The above hinges on Jon's working situation. He has an extremely good opportunity coming up, but we are playing the waiting game right now. We covet your prayers.

-The waiting game is taking its toll on my mental health. IRL friends know that I have battled severe depression in the past. I am fighting its hold over me. I refuse to be ruled by irrational thinking!!!!! Prayers there would be helpful, too.

-I have, for the first time in my life, entered the rabbit warren that is unemployment compensation. I wonder what will come first- an actual check, or a part time job? I spent a hour on the telephone yesterday- forty-two minutes of that was hold time to get a live person. I honestly cannot fathom anyone WANTING to stay on unemployment. Shoot, if it weren't for the fact that both of us are currently out of work, I would not even bother. Unfortunately, we need something more than Jon's part-time gigs to get by. What do people who have no savings do when something happens? If it weren't for our saving (however meager) we would be up the creek without a paddle.

-Balance. Something for which I am striving these days. It seems that so much needs to be done before school starts in September. I know that it will be even more difficult to keep on top of things then, so I really have to get a handle on my home management NOW. Thank you FlyLady!

-GP is celebrating Baptisms this week. Yay! Last week we watched video from our baptism celebration in the spring. I really do not like my picture taken, and I deplore video. Of course, who would be up there but me, blubbering on as I am wont to do (case in point- this blog). Anyway. I am still in wonder at what God has done for us the last two years. That's a whole post in and of itself.

-Speaking of GP, we have reached a decision (and by "we" I mean that Jon had decided long ago and was patiently waiting for me to catch up) to officially transfer our membership from CUMC. Generations of Potter would be turning over in their graves... I am kidding, of course.

-Jon is playing and singing in the other room.. I cannot think of a better way to spend my evening than listening to him as I first blog and later do some reading. I love that there is always music in our home.

-Devin said something last week which has been running around in my head. He said that when people say they don't like change, what they usually mean is that they don't like to be inconvenienced. Well, I can say that I don't like to be inconvenienced, for sure. I also don't really like change all that much. Even positive changes freak me out. Anyone remember me sobbing uncontrollable during our wedding vows??? Yeah, that's a girl who needs to get a grip.

-My sink needs to be cleaned, so this is it for now.

Comments

Susan said…
Interesting post!! I have to say that I agree about change...it's hard. George Burns once said, "No one likes change but a wet baby." And it's true.

And balance is such a hard thing to strive for...but FLY LADY is a great resource to try and get some.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Praying for your decisions.

:-) Susan
Anonymous said…
We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers...doesn't sound like you are having a good time right now. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in any way.

Popular posts from this blog

Feast One Hundred Forty-six

Engage!

7 Foods for 1 Entire Month?