Wednesday Morning, 3AM*

I am a girl who needs her sleep. My body requires a solid 7 hours to even function well, and I really thrive when I can get 8.5 hours. (I know it is not cool to admit to a need for sleep; I hear those around me bragging about how little sleep they get. Ugh) Needless to say, I am less than thrilled to have my nights interrupted by concerns, both real and imagined. In an effort to purge my overact brain of this junk, I am going to put the crazy thoughts out into the world and look at the rationally.
1) We have to move. The woman who owns our condo defaulted on her mortgage. Ok. Nothing to be done but move.
2) We don't yet know where we are going to live. We filed an application for a cute little house down in Green Valley. It's 2.5 miles from Zappos. Just waiting to hear, so nothing more to be done there.
3) What if we don't get that house? Well, it's not like there is any shortage of homes in the valley. So we will find someplace else.
4) What about A finding a job in Virginia Beach? I don't know why I am worried about this, because I don't think she is. Who appointed me great worrier of the family?
5) What about the others? And their kids? I think that the same response applies here.

Yeah, so that's the ridiculous crap that is keeping my up at night. The funny thing is that these things are NOT worrying me during the day, when I can consciously give them over; it's just at night that my guard is down and the doubts creep in. I am going to go for a run today and, hopefully, exhaust myself beyond senseless worries that are keeping my up at night.

*My sincerest apologies to Simon and Garfunkel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feast One Hundred Forty-six

Engage!

To the zit at the lower right corner of my mouth...